Version 3.6 - Several problems solved from previous version :
- Facebook meta tag fb:app_id didn't show up on a page when fb app key entered into the Sharethisbar parameter : <meta content="123456789" property="fb:app_id">
- On some installations users received these messages :
Notice: Undefined variable: divId in \plugins\system\sharethisbar\sharethisbar.php on line 240
Notice: Undefined variable: fbAppkey in \plugins\system\sharethisbar\sharethisbar.php on line 300
Plugin version 3.6 for joomla 2.5, will only work as it should on Joomla version 2.5.
Plugin will not work correctly on Joomla versions 1.6 and 1.7. I'am sorry for the inconvenience, I've spotted the problem recently.
For joomla version 1.7 there is a quick fix. Go to the file sharethisbar.xml (folder: plugins/system/sharethisbar) and put under comment plugin parameter "langcode", like this:
<!-- <field name="langcode" type="stblanguage" description="PLG_SHARETHISBAR_FIELD_LANGCODE_DESC" label="PLG_SHARETHISBAR_FIELD_LANGCODE_LABEL" size="4" /> -->
For joomla version 1.6 there is no workaround for now.
Please upgrade your site to Joomla version 2.5. Thank You.
New features in version 3.5 :
- New social media sharing buttons added: Buffer, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious, Digg, Tumblr and Technorati.
- You can add up to three custom social media sharing buttons, which have not already been included into the ShareThisBar.
- Easy social media button selection and button sorting (check button and drag it to the new position).
- You can easily select one of the predefined ShareThisBar styles, with a click on the preferred style.
- Custom ShareThisBar style. You can modify predefined style after you have selected one or enter your unique css style.
- You have possibility to exclude/include the bar show up from/into selected menus or entered URIs, which belong to your web site.
- Choose the ShareThisBar plugin manager language. Currently there are only translations for en-GB and sr-YU.
New features in version 3.1 :
- Parameter for setting up minimum screen width for which the ShareThisBar will show up is added in plugin administration panel. This makes it possible for the ShareThisBar not to show up when the screen width is lesser than the value entered in the admin parameter
Minimum screen resolution to show the bar(for smaller screens).
- Now You can choose one of the predefined messages(e.g.
Share This Content) to show to your web site users, which could have positive impact on your content sharing results.
I would be very grateful if you could give me any feedback about the ShareThisBar functioning at your web site. Thank You.
Best regards from Dusanka.
New features in version 3.0 :
- There is no more need to look for reference div for the ShareThisBar social media plugin for Joomla to work. Reference div plugin parameter is no longer needed. As soon as you install the ShareThisBar social plugin and enable it - it works. A few minor adjustments could be needed to tweak the ShareThisBar position correction parameters.
- Problem regarding not showing up the ShareThisBar social media plugin in Internet Explorer 7/8 solved.
- New Twitter plugin parameter: data-via added.
- I would be very grateful if you could give me feedback about Twitter button functioning: does the Twitter button count progresses as it should, does it function properly. Also if you have used previous version of the ShareThisBar(version 2.) tell me did the Twitter counter function properly. Thank You.
Best regards from Dusanka.
New features in version 2.1 :
Solves the problem with Google Plus button not showing up.
New features in version 2.0 :
- Two more social networks added: LinkedIn and Pinterest.Google Analytics for LinkedIn.
- You can exclude any social button you don’t want to show up. Choose
emptyif you want to omit social share button. But be warned – if you exclude Facebook share button you must enter value in
Delay ShareThisBar appearancefor the ShareThisBar to show up.
- Addition of the Facebook meta tag fb:app_id : <meta content=
33433…your app idproperty=
fb:app_id> (You must have Facebook app_id for your site. It's easy to obtain one if you have personal account on Facebook. With this option for example: you could moderate your Facebook comments which you can easily add on every page with : <div class=
- New parameters for Twitter:
- locale language : You can enter: en,es,fr, ...
- related accounts : You can suggest accounts for a user to follow once they have sent a Tweet using your Tweet Button. You can add your own summary of a related user by adding some text after their screen name, separated using a colon. For example, to add a summary: The ShareThisBar extension - to the related user @dusankai you would use: dusankai:The ShareThisBar extension. You can enter more than one account eg. dusankai,johnm
- data-text : eg. Check this out ... Default is content of the title tag.
That's all folks !
Take me to the download page I want this badly !
(P.S. I'am just kidding! :)) )
Do not put ’ in Pinterest description parameter !